There are lots of reasons to sell your Sacramento, California house quickly. Maybe you’re trying to avoid foreclosure, or maybe you inherited a property that’s turning out to be a hassle. Either way, a typical sale can present frustrating hurdles like contingencies and inspection hangups. Finding a cash buyer is often the best option when a quick sale is your top priority.
Selling for cash means a quick windfall and avoiding the real damage a foreclosure can do to your credit rating. You can use the cash to buy a new home, relocate, or fix up your primary residence.
To sell your Sacramento house fast, the fist step to come up with a game plan. That means asking yourself these two important questions. Allow us to explain.
Are you Ready to Say “Buy My Sacramento House for Cash”?
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make. Your timeline dictates your options. In short: more time means more options.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months, you likely don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. By the time the agent stages the house and holds a few open houses, you may already have lost a few weeks. And then there are 30 to 45 day escrows to account for. It’s better to sell the house on the open market by yourself or sell your house to a professional house buyer like California Family Homebuyers. In a hot market, you may be able to get multiple offers within the week when you list with MLS — but a cash offer from an investor translates to guaranteed fast sale.
2. How much do you need to sell your Sacramento house for?
When you need to get close to full retail price for your home in order to afford to move, you may not want to work with a real estate agent. Agents’ commissions cut into your profit and could make a big difference in your future housing budget. Likewise, if you know you can’t afford to carry the costs of your home for more than a few more months, you may be a better fit for an all-cash, as-is sale.
On the flip side, if you need full-retail value and you can afford to wait several months if needed, you may want to list your house on the MLS.
Ask yourself how much money you need to break even or get a profit out of your home — the answer will lead you in the right direction. If you want to sell quickly, consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days).
Look into your options and take action!
To recap: If you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Sacramento house for cash,” you need to determine:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know the answers, consider them as you view the following sale options:
- Real Estate Agent: A viable option if you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale. Going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property when time is not of the essence.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Sacramento house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house, but we don’t charge any fees at all. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now: call us today at 916-496-3737 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is underwater or you’re in or nearing foreclosure… your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to reduce the burden.