You keep seeing signs for cash home buyers and you’re ready to put your home on the market. But is working with an investor right for you? Most companies that buy homes for cash, including California Family Homebuyers, can help you sell fast and get rid of a home with lots of problems. But we can’t do everything an agent can do.
So, what are the pros and cons of working with an all cash home buyer? Well, let’s talk about it. And we’ll also throw in some tips for what a cash buyer can’t do for you, too.
What a Cash Home Buyer Can Help You With
Calling a cash home buyer in Sacramento can be a smart idea in several scenarios. We work with homeowners in lots of situations, but here are some of the most common:
- You inherited a property. If you inherit a property that’s not in great shape, you might be in a pickle. You don’t want to fix it up and list it, but it’s not able to be rented without major repairs either. What can you do? In this situation, a cash buyer will come in and take the home off your hands without the need for you to stage and list the home.
- You are falling behind on payments. If foreclosure lurks and you don’t have time to wait for an offer, a cash buyer may also be a good fit. We often help clients who are in a hurry to sell before they hit the point of needing a short sale or foreclosure sale. We can give you a fair offer so you walk away with at least some of your investment back.
- You can’t afford the fixes. Maybe you’re not behind on your mortgage, but you realize you need to replace the roof and most of the pipes. Ouch. By the time you offer a buyer concessions and pay your realtor’s commission, your equity takes a serious hit. Since many investor cash buyers take on properties in as-is condition and flip them, they don’t mind taking on your home with a bad water heater and some cracked tiles.
When You Should List with an Agent
While a cash buyer can help you out of a lot of situations, there may be times when a traditional sale is still the best option. If you’re thinking of selling your home through an agent, here are some scenarios where it may be the best idea:
- You have time. Not in a hurry? If you have the luxury of time, you can list with an agent and wait for offers to roll in. Depending on the market, it can take a few months to get a good offer and then another 30-45 for escrow to complete. If you want to maximize your sale price and have time to wait — listing is usually the right choice.
- Your home is in great shape. When you don’t have to worry about fixing major systems within your home, you’re more likely to get asking price. This is another scenario where listing with an agent who can get you a great deal is often a good idea.
- Your home is paid off. Don’t have a mortgage? If your home is in saleable condition, listing is the best way to get a windfall. You can also sell to an investor in this situation if you want to move quickly. But you’ll probably get more bang for your buck from a listing if your home is in good condition.
Need Help Selling Soon?
If you recognize some of the factors favorable to selling to an investor, give California Family Homebuyers a call. We buy homes in and around Sacramento in a variety of conditions. We can often close in just a week or two!
A cash home buyer is often an investor, willing to buy older homes or properties in disrepair. They’re a good option if you want to move fast or have a home with problems. Listing with an agent is good for maximizing selling price and homeowners who have the time to wait for an offer.