Wondering about the best time to sell your Sacramento home? Turns out, summer isn’t just for lemonade stands and trips to the coast. It’s also the best time to sell a house. Families like to move in the summer so they can get settled in before the new school year begins. Childless professionals may also prefer this time of year because it’s uninterrupted by the schedule of holidays that occupy autumn and winter months. And that’s not just our opinion. Sacramento homes sell for 3.88% above the annual average prices during the month of July.
Is your home ready for a July sale? Probably not. But if you start preparing in the spring, you can have your property listed by May or June and positioned for an ideal, fast home sale. Here are some tips for how to get your house ready to list in the summer.
What Summer Buyers Want
Like we said, a lot of people move in the summer because it’s a convenient time to uproot the family in between school years. Other summer buyers simply know this is the time of year when the most real estate inventory exists so they decide to shop during warmer months. Either way, people will have their eyes peeled for certain things. If you’re aiming for a July sale:
- Brighten up your curb appeal. July is no time to let your flower beds die off. Keep your lawn kempt and some fresh blooms installed.
- Show off outdoor potential. Is there room to have barbecues in the backyard? Set up a table and chairs near your grill so buyers can see themselves throwing a party back there.
- Keep things cool inside. Your buyers don’t want to walk into a sauna. Run your A/C during showings or set up a nice cross breeze.
- Get rid of pests. Do you get ants or other pests during warm months? Time to vanquish them before you hold an open house. Buyers will have their eyes peeled for common summer invaders.
Inexpensive Fixes for a July Sale of Your Home
Need to get your home ready for sale super fast? There may not be time to replace your plumbing or paint every single room, but there are some quick and inexpensive fixes that you can accomplish in just a few weeks. Here are some of our most recommended fixes before you list your home for a summer sale.
- Repaint common rooms. Give your living room and kitchen a fresh, neutral color paint job. This will erase any marks and imperfections and make the home feel even more bright and comfortable.
- Replace your screens. With the windows open in the summer, screen tears become more noticeable and may allow in some mosquitoes or flies. Get some new screens and wash them to create a new window look.
- Service your pool and sprinkler systems. Which outdoor services are people likely to use in July? Make sure you get your pool cleaned and filled with the right chemical combo to avoid algae growth and other unappealing additions.
How to Sell Your Home Fast this July
Selling your house quickly takes more than a few crossed fingers. While July is a great month to sell a Sacramento home, you won’t be the only house for sale in the neighborhood. Being aggressive with your marketing may up your chances of catching the right buyer’s eye. Or, you can turn to an investor. If you’re not getting as many leads as you’d like, especially if you know there are major repairs that need to be done, consider selling to an investor instead.
Selling your house to a company like California Family Homebuyers allows you to close in as few as 7 days and say goodbye to common contingencies and hold-ups. If you’re having a hard time selling your home this summer, give us a call so we can assess your Sacramento home!