Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. First and foremost, there are enough details involved with organizing a move to make you go cross-eyed. Packing valuables, finding new housing, and coordinating the transport of your vehicles is just the beginning. And then there is the stress of whatever prompted your move. Whether it’s a new job or a sick relative, you’re preparing for a dramatic change that is bound to ignite some tension.
We hear from a lot of Sacramento home sellers over the phone or on our website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Sacramento“. We know how quickly some people need to get rid of their property — if you’re moving to a new city next month, the thought of two house payments could have your stomach in knots! The great thing is that we’re able to help many homeowners sell their house quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Sacramento, California right now!
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize
You don’t want to end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive (and it doesn’t have to be that way). Even if you can find tenants to rent the property, it’s a responsibility you have to manage from your new city and it could get complicated.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Sacramento, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories from homeowners who to tried to wait out a slow market, only to end up wish they had sold the home fast right after they relocated. It’s best to organize a home sale quickly by considering the different options for unloading a property.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Sacramento, California house fast?
Selling Your House Fast for a Relocation: What are Your Options?
- Find out what your house is worth: Contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us for a no-cost, no-obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may sell for in the current market, you can gauge whether you’re willing to put it up for sale with a Realtor right now.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job and ended up having their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month it takes to sell your house is money out of your pocket. Or, if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell, we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as high a price as we can nab. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the a figure for how much it costs you to hold onto this house if it doesn’t sell immediately. The costs involved include the mortgage, insurance, taxes, maintenance, and more. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000, and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it costs you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). That totals $23,200 in LOST money! That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, stress, and the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months. The real cost to you could be closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like California Family Homebuyers.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide, it’s good to take action sooner than later. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Sacramento, California agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then give us a call to get a free evaluation and an all-cash offer.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. However, unless your property is truly exceptional (as in, magazine-quality extra-special), you are unlikely to stand out in the market and win the highest price on the block.
You can also want to market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is California Family Homebuyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Sacramento?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Sacramento home owners who need to sell fast for a relocation.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Sacramento community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Sacramento real estate, so please feel free to call us at 916-496-3737 and chat with us anytime.